Early warning alerting is critical to ensure project success.
TrueProject provides State agencies with visibility and early warning of potential risks that otherwise would not have been seen. With TrueProject, risks are identified and mitigated; and key resource shifts kept the project on track. The end result was a project completed early without the loss of funding.
A state government agency received a grant to build a new, government mandated program designed to keep citizens safe. To run the program they needed a new application that streamlined and standardized processes for data capture, validation, and reporting across all counties in the state. The new application was built by one agency and run by another. Additionally, the grant specified that the awarded funds had to be returned if the project was not successfully completed within a 14-month timeframe. Project success demanded constant and consistent communication to stakeholders and continual status input from team members. Complete transparency between organizations was needed to facilitate effective implementation, internal management, and sustained progress. To ensure successful completion of the application, the agency responsible for developing the new application needed to:
- Communicate between geographically separated team members.
- Communicate with stake holders with different reporting structures and business goals.
- Not exceed staff expectations throughout life of the project.
- Manage team members from multiple vendors.
TrueProject's Project Monitoring was used to ensure that the project manager had a finger on the pulse of the project team and stakeholders from the onset of the project through implementation. It provided:
- Accurate and timely team member perspectives and status.
- Proactive alerts of scope and requirement risks.
- Consistent communication with team members and project stakeholders.
- Early warnings of resource issues.